Writing can be a pretty lonely undertaking, and getting your book published and launched—making it available to the appropriate readers—can be daunting. That’s why a friendly community of people doing the same thing you are can be so comforting and supportive. At BookWorks you can talk to each other, ask questions, offer advice, and connect with potential readers who otherwise may never discover your book.
Our members include first-time authors and seasoned pros, as well as experienced service providers and indie publishing experts who share their insider knowledge.
Media members, please register here.
Core • FREE
The perfect way for new, aspiring and/or curious writers to become part of our growing community, learn about the world of self-publishing and how to succeed as an indie author, and connect with like-minded people.
- NEW! Discussion Group Forums & Writing Workshop – Roundtable advice exchange on the publishing topics you choose, peer feedback on your works in progress, support from the BookWorks Team and upcoming project announcements.
- BookWorks Blog – Our own stellar Team of Industry Experts share valuable insider tips, information and how-to's, with guest contributors, news and archives of all past posts organized by topic
- Author Resources— Recommended Reading and Self-Publishing Professionals directory of all the essential services searchable by category
- Author Profile – Your customizable online hub & calling card
- Author Network – Interactive, Social & News feed with member controls, find like minded members, form groups, network,share and connect with our community
- BookWorks BookShop – Where you can showcase & sell your book(s) by linking your titles directly to retailers
- Service Provider Members – Everything from freelance proofreaders to web designers who offer services to help indie authors self-publish
- NEW! BookWorks’ Classifieds – Post a "wanted" ad or find the services and tools you need to build, publish or market your book.
For serious authors with the necessary commitment to educate themselves, partner with professionals who can help polish their manuscripts, and who stop at nothing to
realize their goals.
EVERYTHING in the Core Membership, plus:
- FREE! The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide – Free digital download of our comprehensive curated guide to all the essential self-publishing services & resources, winner of 2017 IPPY Silver award in the Reference Book category!
- Book of the Week & Featured Author – Priority consideration for these weekly honors, which include prominent feature on the BookWorks Home page and BookShop, posts on our social media, plus the BookWorks Book of the Week and Featured Author award medallion for your promotion
- Publishers Weekly Subscription Discount - 30% off annual subscription rates of $249.00 for print + digital or $209.00 for digital only
- Publishers Weekly Advertising Discount - Special rates for BookWorks members
- List Your Book in PW Select and Feature It on BookLife – $30.00 discount on author marketing package of $149.00
- 30% Off The Book Launch Toolkit: 30% discount off $97.00 for advanced techniques and insider information designed to give you the edge to out-compete the 1000’s of books launched daily; with 20 tools & strategies including instructions, links + resources to create your own winning game plan
- Reedsy Discount - $30.00 off collaboration with any of the 500 vetted professional editors, proofreaders, designers & marketers, all with extensive publishing experience
- IndieReader Review Discount - $30.00 off standard review fee of $225.00 from the essential consumer guide to self-published authors & the professionals who review them
- $20 Off IndieReader Discovery Awards Entry - $20.00 off regular entry fee of $150.00 for IRDA, where undiscovered talent meets people with power to make a difference
- 30% Off Book Design Templates - 30% discount on a wide range of professional, quality book templates for MS Word by award-winning book designer, Joel Friedlander
- Kirkus Review Discount - $50.00 off a book review from Kirkus Reviews, the most authoritative voice in book discovery since 1933 - Get reviewed, Get discovered
- FREE Classifieds - Post unlimited FREE ads to the BW classifieds for your book or service
- Author Website Discount - Save $120 on author website packages by an award-winning boutique design firm
- IngramSpark - Save more than 20% when you set up your print and/or eBook with IngramSpark, the award-winning publishing & global distribution platform used by big-time publishers.
Service Provider • FREE
For businesses and individuals serving writers and authors with support services, such as book and cover design, editing, marketing and more.
- Create your custom Professional Profile including website link, description of services, client testimonials & contact info
- Upload samples to your Portfolio
- Free listing in our searchable-by-category Service Provider directory
- Share status updates on our Author Network
- Connect with author members who are looking for your services in our Discussion Group forums
- Keep informed about industry news via our twice weekly blog
- Promote your products or services with affordable ad placement on the BookWorks site and weekly newsletter.