Call it shameless self-promotion, or an attempt to deliver indie authors the resources they need to help them succeed, all in one place. Whatever you call it (and I prefer the latter), here’s the story.
Comprehensive, Curated Indie Author Resources
Four years ago, when BookWorks was just getting started, I began to realize there was a tremendous need for a clear, comprehensive, curated resource guide for self-publishing authors wherever they were. I hired some researchers and we got to work. Then an idea popped into my head. What if my friend, self-publishing guru Joel Friedlander, would like to work with me on this? I called him. "Great idea,” he said, “Count me in.”
As many of you know, the first edition of The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide launched at number one in its category on Amazon. It has been a huge success. We update it periodically so it is never out-of-date. Scads of readers have told us how much the love it, how valuable the resources are and how much The Resource Guide has helped them in their publishing career.
Some readers told us they wanted more—more advice from experts on what to do and what to watch out for when it comes to producing, publishing and promoting their books. Okay, we said. Let’s give them more.
Advice from Self-Publishing Experts
We are proud to announce that in the revised, 2016 edition of The Resource Guide, you will find essays on every aspect of self-publishing written by a leading authority from the indie author world. Here are just a few examples:
- E-book Conversion by Carla King selfpubbootcamp.com
- Print on Demand by Robin Cutler ingramspark.com
- Website Design for Authors by Tyler Doornbos welldesignstudio.com
- E-book Aggregators & Book Distribution by Mark Coker smashwords.com
- Marketing & Publicity by Penny Sansevieri amarketingexpert
- Writer’s Conferences & Workshops Offering Scholarships by Michael Larsen sfwriters.org
- Book Shepherds & Publishing Consultants by Judith Briles thebookshepherd.com
- Social Media Consultants by Rachel Thompson badredheadmedia.com
- Book Review Services by Miral Sattar learnselfpublishingfast.com
- Press Release Services and Sources by Joan Stewart publicityhound.com
And that’s just for starters.
The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide 2016 is unquestionably the most complete, comprehensive and up-to-date compilation of advice, guidance and indie author resources on the market today. It will be released soon, in January. We will let you know exactly how and where to purchase it as soon as it’s available. Stay tuned. This is sure to be a game changer for indie authors everywhere.
Get major discounts on book reviews, advertising rates, subscriptions and all kinds of author services! Sign up now for these exclusive offers HERE.